Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Kern River Fly Fishing Home Page
Home Help Search Login Register   
Apr 23rd, 2014, 8:14pm

Visit Kern River Fly Fishing School
California snowpack report Flow reports for Upper and Lower Kern Visit the online fly shop Prepare photos for posting Purchase California fishing license Southern Sierra Fly Fishing Club
Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor Facebook
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Vous Raffle Items Needed (Read 1387 times)
haramic
Global Moderator

Fun Times, Always An
Adventure

Vous Raffle Items Needed
Sep 5th, 2012, 8:15pm

Due to the economy, donations have been slim from the Corporate world.  If anyone has anything to donate for the Vous raffle, the Club will surely appreciate it.  It can be dropped off at the Shop or just bring it to the Vous.  Please make sure it’s in good working order.  

I’ve got a few extra items laying around which I’m sure a member would be happy to win.:

1.      Rio Gold Fly line WF5F  “never been used, still in box”.  
2.      Sage rod VPS Light 3wt 7'9" 3 piece and case.   Used only once
3.      2 wt. rod never used.
4.      Waders x-small, used twice.  

As most of you know, I usually build a rod which we raffle off with playing cards.  $5 per card or 5 cards for $20.  I didn’t have time to build a rod last year and really heard from you guys.  Angry Shocked Shocked  Wink   So this year, I just ordered a 9 ft. 4wt. Sage One blank.  I should be able to build it by the Vous.  We will raffle it off as usual.    SmileyCool

Also, we will have the Heads or Tails game, which is always too much fun.  Everyone plays by placing their hands on their head or rear (tail).  I flip a coin and if it lands heads up, people with their hand on their head stay up front and people with their hand on their rear sit down.  If it lands tails up, people with their hands on the rear stay and people with their hand on their head sit down.  I announce the next round and we do this until there’s only one person standing, the winner.  Winner gets a custom made rod to their specifications.  They chose their rod, thread color, real seat, etc.  Last year I built a Sage Z-Axis for the winner.  Everyone needs to start practicing.   Grin Grin Grin

So, if you would like to join in on the fun and donate to the Vous, please drop off your item at the Shop or bring it to the Vous.

Thanks,
Chiaki

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2012, 10:03am by haramic »  

Email View Profile   IP Logged
troutinator
Diamond Member

Re: Vous Raffle Items Needed
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2012, 10:09pm

Well, Denise has been working for the past month or so on a custom Golden Trout picture which will be framed, for either a raffle or auction.  It looks awesome at this point, but not quite done.  This was Denise's brown trout she did for me back in April for my birthday.  The Golden Trout she's doing now is leaping out of the water after a mayfly.  Beautiful colors which I'll be sure to post when she finishes it this weekend.

Also, a friend is an expert knife builder and he's taking one of my deer antlers and making a custom 2012 Rendezvous Commemorative knife out of a 6" Damascus blade and donating it for a raffle or auction.  He's hoping to have it done in time.  He received an 8" blade by accident and had to send it back for the smaller one he ordered.  Let's just say we worked out a deal.

And of course, I'm still working on the swap rod.  Denise finished hers a couple of days ago.

"Why is it that whenever you walk into a spiderweb, you're suddenly an expert in Kung-Fu?"
one2fish
Platinum Member

FFF CI

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2012, 10:21pm

Chiaki,
Are you still planing on being in Mammoth for the Faire. If so, I can bring a double rod case that is like new and leave it with you.
Mark

Improving your casting will do more for your flyfishing than any other aspect of the sport, or at least any that you have any control of.
View Profile   IP Logged
haramic
Global Moderator

Fun Times, Always An
Adventure

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2012, 3:55am

Hi Mark,

Yes, I'll be there teaching a rod building class on Saturday at the college.  See you there.  Big THANKS for the donation.

Thanks,
Chiaki

one2fish
Platinum Member

FFF CI

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2012, 6:43am

Chiaki,
Will do. Check your PMs.
Mark

Improving your casting will do more for your flyfishing than any other aspect of the sport, or at least any that you have any control of.
View Profile   IP Logged
fishinXJ
Diamond Member

SSFFC Conservation
Chair, KRFF

Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2012, 8:18am

Quote from troutinator on Sep 5th, 2012, 10:09pm:
Well, Denise has been working for the past month or so on a custom Golden Trout picture which will be framed, for either a raffle or auction.  It looks awesome at this point, but not quite done.  This was Denise's brown trout she did for me back in April for my birthday.  The Golden Trout she's doing now is leaping out of the water after a mayfly.  Beautiful colors which I'll be sure to post when she finishes it this weekend.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/5x5buck/099466x640.jpg  

Also, a friend is an expert knife builder and he's taking one of my deer antlers and making a custom 2012 Rendezvous Commemorative knife out of a 6" Damascus blade and donating it for a raffle or auction.  He's hoping to have it done in time.  He received an 8" blade by accident and had to send it back for the smaller one he ordered.  Let's just say we worked out a deal.

And of course, I'm still working on the swap rod.  Denise finished hers a couple of days ago.

Talented!  Can't wait to see the Golden Trout drawing..I'll be bidding!

thanks

Shane

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2012, 8:30am by fishinXJ »  

Cast It Forward!
fishinXJ
Diamond Member

SSFFC Conservation
Chair, KRFF

Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2012, 8:30am

I'll donate five new Cortland fly lines.  

4wt WF peach color.

shane

Cast It Forward!
Ants
Platinum Member

SSFFC Fly Fishing
Book Afishianado

Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2012, 9:42am

Hi Chiaki,

In addition to the ADK style pillows, I have a multi (5-10) rod carrying tube to donate.

Ants

If you're practicing catch and release, what difference does it make for the size of the fish you land.
View Profile   IP Logged
petundra
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2012, 2:44pm

I have a GO PRO camera used once with all extras in perfect condition I would like to donate, let me know where to ship it  

Adam

haramic
Global Moderator

Fun Times, Always An
Adventure

Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2012, 3:46pm

Adam,

WOW!!!!! Shocked  That's some donation.  Bring it up to try outs this weekend.  I'll be there with my special size 20 dropper rig. Grin Grin Grin

Are you coming to the Vous on Sept 22th?

Thanks,
Chiaki

petundra
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2012, 3:57pm

The SSFFC is a great crew and its my honor to help out. Smiley Smiley Smiley  Wife is super sick right now so I might not make it on Saturday cry cry cry but will send it to the shop.  I will differently be at the vous ready to party and win the casting contest

fish-n-gal
Silver Member

Too many hobbies!!  

Reply #11 - Sep 8th, 2012, 10:44pm

As Hubby said, I have been working on a painting for the Vous raffle.

So here is the image you will be bidding for (I hope you like it)

By the time I get to the Vous this will be matted and framed.

People say that families who sit down to dinner have kids more apt to talk about their lives. We're doubly blessed to have one that out-fishes us and then brags about it to us and her friends!!
Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
flyguy
Forum Administrator

Reply #12 - Sep 10th, 2012, 7:00am

Hi everyone
 I talked to Kile last night from the Brewery and the kegs will be there.
Guyl

TECH
Platinum Member

one more cast

Reply #13 - Sep 10th, 2012, 9:55am

I can donate a framed photo of a kern river backcountry scene. Nice artwork fishingal, some cool stuff.

SSFFC flypimp for life.
View Profile   IP Logged
flyguy
Forum Administrator

Reply #14 - Sep 10th, 2012, 9:33pm

I just got word Simms is donating some swag.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print